The Rev. Canon Frederick John Norman

Rector of St Mary's Church Bottesford (1846-1889)

This post card was sent to all 'heads of houses in Bottesford' on the death of The Rev. Canon Norman in 1889. It was kindly made available by Carole Miller from Canada. She found it among her grandmother's papers and does not know how it came to be there. Her grandmother and grandfather owned the Shoulder of Mutton Inn in Osmaston, Derby.
From the collection of Carole Miller, Canada

The Rev. Canon Frederick John Norman was the husband of Lady Adeliza Gertrude Norman, daughter of the 5th Duke of Rutland. The couple were notable benefactors of Bottesford. They built the village school on Grantham Road in 1854 and then extended it in 1878. They were also the benefactors of the Belvoir Coffee House on Market Street, opened in 1881.  (Peter Topps, 2009)

This page was added on 23/02/2015.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone