Bottesford Rectory, south front
Stanley Blackmore in front of the Rectory. This shows the front porch in the central core of the building in stone, with brick extensions on each side. There are small peacock plaques over the upper windows in the wings of the house. In addition, at mid height on the left hand (western) wing is the panel with the Duke of Rutland’s coat of arms that was once displayed on the old pre-1855 school building which stood in the NE corner of Bottesford churchyard: this panel can now be seen mounted on the west-facing gable of this wing, which was reconstructed during the modifications to the house ca.1989.