The aerial photograph shows the site when occupied in the 1950′s by the building contractor W. J. Roberts. Bullock and Driffill took over the site in the late 1960s. Before expansion of the site there were cottages on the left hand side of Barkestone Lane. Mr. Dennis Jackson remembers that in the 1930s Mr. Norris’s blacksmith shop was on the corner of High Street and Barkstone Lane.
Bottesford Living History Archive - Michael Honeybone Collection
Pay Day. Outside W. J. Roberts 20th October 1958
W. J. Robert's Workforce, High Street Bottesford 20th October 1958
Clearance of the Chip Shop site in the 1960's - the half demolished cottages to the rear and the cow sheds behind No.5 can also be seen. It also shows the Barn before conversion to commercial premises
Barkestone Lane woodworking shops on site of cottages
The Demolition of Bullock and Driffill captured by Peggy Topps, 2nd May 1998
Barkestone Lane housing on the former Bullock & Driffill site
This page was added on 11/12/2006.