Bottesford Scouts on parade in Church Street
Bottesford’s first Boy Scout troop stands to attention with Scout Master Charlie Calcraft (right). The location is in Church Street in front of old cottages close to Fleming’s Bridge. These were demolished around 1960.
The 1st Bottesford Scout Troop in c.1912, with Albert Asher on the left in the doorway next to Mr Burnett. Back row left to right: Not known; Not known; Edgar Culpin; Wilf Challands; Bob Sutton; Not known. Front row left to right: Not known; Frank Sutton; Arthur Taylor; Sydney Taylor; Bernard Burrows; Bill Cooper; Wilf Dawson and Mr Charlie Calcraft. Unknown child at the front. Information fro the Bottesford Scout Archive – Kindly made available by Mr Ian Kitchener.