Bottesford Enclosure Map 1771 - detail showing boundaries of Bottesford, Easthorpe and Normanton. North is to the left, and the church shown is Bottesford St Mary's parish church.
This map was prepared by the Adjudicator appointed to carry out the assessment and land allocation award demanded by the Bottesford Enclosure Act of 1771. The map shows the allocation of land and the names of the respective landowners. It also shows a number of pre-Enclosure features, including the extent of the village areas that were not included in the Parliamentary process (because they were already inclosed) and the boundaries of the original sets of great fields. Regrettably, we do not have a copy of the text of the Award document itself, but it can be inspected at the Leicestershire County Records Office in Wigston Magna, which also houses another copy of this map.