Queen Street today
Shop and Trades
By David Middleton
Queen Street remains the commercial centre of the village.
Most sites have remained in commercial use since the 1920’s (the local cooperative, grocery, deli, and public house). Other have more recently become places of business (the vets, hairdresser and fish and chip shop).
Other public places include the Baptist Chapel (mid 18th century) and the police station (mid 19th century).
Since the 1920’s trades and businesses have come and gone. These pages give details of those we have been able to identify from documents, photographs and personal memories.