This record refers to the old Rectory located on Rectory Lane, not the new Rectory on Grantham Road. Since the new Rectory was opened, the old building has been converted into residential apartments.
English Heritage List Entry Number: 1075067
Heritage Category: Listing Grade: II
Location: THE RECTORY, RECTORY LANE, Bottesford, Melton, Leicestershire
1708, enlarged 1789 and C19, altered 1988. Original, west, section of coursed ironstone, remainder of brick. Slate roof. 2 storeys and dormer attic. South front with 3 stone bays to left defined by ironstone quoins. C19 gault brick bay window to left, C20 glazed door to right. Door within C18 ashlar frame with semi-circular head and below 6-vaned fanlight. 3 sashes to first floor within stone surrounds formed of bolection mouldings. Gabled roof with 2 flat-topped dormers. Internal gable-end stacks, that to right now incorporated in single-bay brick extension: sashes to south, to east a large 2 storey C19 bay window and 2 further window bays.
SK 80669 39057
The Old Rectory at Bottesford (SK 806 390) is listed by Jewry Wall Museum as a Site of Archaeological Interest of possible Post-Medieval age. The building is of early 18th Century age (Queen Anne), with later additions. However, it is known that a number of buildings on the site were pulled down in the 19th Century and also in the 1980s, and some of these may well have been older than the C18th house.
The museum also recorded a medieval inscribed stone at the Rectory.